*Launching in-person and online sessions
Fall Semester 2021*
Click image below to fill-out the interest form!
Parkside has a fee-based after-school Tutoring/Enrichment Program that will be available for students in grades K-6 enrolled at a Proviso Township School. Sessions will be offered in-person and online.
Parkside E-Learning Program Information:
Each semester offers core subject small group enrichment classes and/or other special interests.
Fees for instruction and materials vary according to the subject matter and number of participants in a class.
Enrollment is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Announcements and class descriptions will be provided prior to each session.
10 N Elm St. Hillside, IL 60162
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: 3:00 PM- 6:00 PM *(10:00AM- 8:00PM Appointment only)
- SATURDAY: Closed
- SUNDAY: Closed
Two Semesters Fall (August-December) Spring (January- June)
*Remote students can take up to 2 classes max per monthly session.
L1: K-2nd Grade
L2: 3rd-4th Grade
L3: 5-6th Grade
Parkside 8 Step Learning Task Model:
1. Learning Objective – What the learner will be able to do upon mastery of this activity.
2. Anticipatory Set – Puts the student into a receptive frame of mind. Include what the learner already knows; review of other work that may relate to this new activity.
3. Input – Instructor presents new information using specific materials related to objective and focusing on the necessary basic skills.
4. Modeling – Instructor shows the skill needed so that the student can then do it themselves. The student asks question and tries the skill.
5. Check for Understanding – Instructor checks that each step has been understood.
6. Guided practice – Instructor provides opportunity to practice what has been presented. Effectiveness of the learning activity is evaluated and adjusted.
7. Closure – Instructor brings session to an appropriate conclusion with review and ensuring that the student has the main ideas.
8. Independent practice – Instructor provides an activity to reinforce proficiency related to the stated objective.
Reading is fundamental to a child’s educational foundation. We help children learn to love reading!